Friday, February 10, 2012

Proper speech

As much as I LOVE that my daughter speaks in full sentences and is 100% understandable...I miss some of the incorrect phrases she used to say. 

I miss the word "crocolator," which was her combination of alligator and crocodile.  I miss her asking to "please a help you" and "please a carry you" instead of asking "help me."  I'm lucky that she still adds random a's to her sentences.  We hear "please a carry this computer," or "please a put chocolate in my milk," or "please a play castle with me."  She does still say that she has nuts in her hair to comb out (instead of knots).  I don't correct her because I think it's hilarious.  I love hearing these things, and thought I'd post about it since I know we are in the final stages of her speaking this way. 

She's so grown up these days it is hard for me to think about without a lot of emotion.  She feeds herself, climbs into the car seat by herself, She mostly dresses herself and goes into her "school" class without any issues.  She solves her own problems and for the most part is out of diapers.  I feel like she's off to college next week!  This is perfect timing for Natalie to arrive, because I'm ready to feel needed again.  I'm ready for the little helpless cute face who depends on me.  I just hope that being a big sister doesn't make Gwen grow up even faster.  It is already happening too fast.  At least I know that in several months I will get to hear the cutest mistakes in speech again as my new girl attempts to communicate with us!  And Gwen will be writing novels at that point!  Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment