Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oh the giggles

Gwen has become such a comedian lately.  She makes jokes and faces and tries to get us laughing (always works), but we are laughing so much more at the things she says that aren't intended to be funny.

For some unknown reason, she has a habit of putting on nerd glasses and fake laughing and moving her head back and forth for a while.  It is hilarious.  She thinks she's so funny by changing the words of songs and messing up the alphabet and calling things the wrong colors.  She just gets the biggest grin on her face while she's waiting for us to "correct" her.  Life with this girl is incredibly sweet.

Even when she doesn't try, she makes me laugh every day.  Last week she mentioned that the sun rises in the east and it was pretty bright outside so she needed her "stunna shades."  There is a mention of stunna shades in one of the hip hop songs my company is dancing to, and apparently she picked it up.  We have been so blessed with how incredibly vocal and smart Gwen is.  But there are times I also wish she'd quiet down with all this knowledge she has.  A couple weeks ago she was with me at an OB appointment.  I was getting undressed for an exam and she was saying in her loud little voice, "you have pink underwear mommy?" and "you have flowers on your underwear mommy?" and "you put underwear on your bagina mommy?"  I'm glad we were at the OB and not the dentist because I know everyone in the other rooms could here this conversation!

She's is now potty trained and does such a good job of going pee pee on the potty.  She does find it a little difficult to poop these days because I think she holds it longer than she used to.  She says things like, "uuuuggggghhhh  I'm pushing so hard.  It's so hard to push.  The poop won't come out of my butt.  The poop wants to stay in my butt.  Maybe later it will want to come out."  I give her credit for verbalizing the exact situation she seems stuck in and for expressing it to me, but it is really hard not to laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment